CosComp 2019 Registrations are now Open!
COSCOMP is an online Cosplay competition with a major focus on your creative progress. It’s a competition that pays full attention to your whole Cosplay journey, not just the final result. What does that mean? Well, it means that we want to see everything that you do, the good the bad and the ugly. We want to see the design process, and fabric selection. The challenges you faced and how you overcame them. We want you to share the techniques that you used and what you learnt along the way.
COSCOMP is open to any skill level as you will be judged on the whole process, not just the finished Cosplay.
What do you have to do?
Register for COSCOMP HERE which will register you to The Cosplay Collective forum site!
- Complete the following PUBLIC social media posts on Facebook and/or Instagram tagging @berninanextgen and hashtag #coscomp.
- Post your original inspiration image. Cosplays are welcome from all genres of pop culture including anime, film, TV, gaming and comic books.
- Post a minimum of 5 x photographs of your progress as you work on your Cosplay.
- Post a minimum of 3 x photographs of the finished Cosplay being worn by a person.
- Complete 2 x Tutorials of techniques that you have been used to create your Cosplay and post them at https://thecosplaycollective.com/forum/ in the Contestant Tutorials forum.
How does the judging work?
A panel of four will judge the entrants. All Cosplays will be judged on craftsmanship, sportsmanship, technical skill, ingenuity, problem solving and social media presents. The judges will select 3 finalists and from those a Grand Prize winner will be selected.
What can I win?
3 X FINALISTS will be flown to Brisbane Supanova 2019 for final judging.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER receives 2 x Return Tickets to DragonCon 2020 including 4 nights accommodation and 2 x Adult 4 day passes.
Vamprea is a cosplayer from Melbourne, Australia who specialises in sewing, armour making and electronics. She has been cosplaying since 2015 and has won a range of competitions with her cosplays over the years.