BFA Jaina Proudmoore Hood Tutorial - useful for most hoods! :)

All Bernina CosComp contestant tutorials are to be posted here. Tutorials will then be uploaded to the main site. Don't forget to include your social media links!
TiffanyDeanCosplay

CosComp Contestant
Instagram: tiffanydeancosplay

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:15 am

Hoods can be the bane of existence for many cosplayers! Here's how I made my Jaina Proudmoore hood, but this technique can be used for most simple hood patterns with a centre seamline!

You can opt to leave your hood unlined, or use any lining fabric of your choice. I wanted Jaina's hood to have some weight too it, and look similar on the inside to what it was on the outside, so I used the same fabric for the outer layer and the lining.

The front gold edge has a layer of craft foam - be sure to check out my raised edges / detailing tutorial as it's the method I used there! :)

I'm also a big believer in creating paper patterns - err on the side of caution and make it bigger than you think you'll need it as you can always cut off any extra! You can always use this as a template for a mock up before cutting into your actual fabric too!

Happy hood making!
Attachments
UDLP9364.JPG
UDLP9364.JPG (360.43 KiB) Viewed 16 times