BFA Jaina Proudmoore Progress Post

The Bernina CosComp contestant progress photos can be posted here! Share your work with the community!
TiffanyDeanCosplay

CosComp Contestant
Instagram: tiffanydeancosplay

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:49 am

Jaina's white top was another hefty adventure! I'm not a seamstress (armour is my stronger area) so the top was something that genuinely terrified me.
I started by creating a paper pattern of the base of the top and the 'corset' element. The top was made out of Neoprene, the same material as the white skirt. A zipper was added in the back for ease of getting in and out of the top.
Holes were punched into the sleeves and eyelets added so gold chord could be threaded through. All gold edging has craft foam on the outer layer (under the gold) to help give the top structure.

The corset layer was then made, with buckles being made from scraps of Worbla / Cosplayflex. The 'buttons' were made from foam clay sculpted onto a round tag base (to prevent the foam clay being able to bend in on itself). A small anchor was then also scuplted on each buckle with foam clay. Once dried, they were painted in various shades of gold to match the edging fabric. The corset was then sewn onto the base top at the back alongside the zip.

Detail templates were made so weathering could be airbrushed onto the white neoprene to give the top more dimension and to look more like the in game model.

Finally, boning was added to the base top and the corset to prevent the neoprene from bunching up and to give a more flattering fit.
Attachments
WHITE TOP.jpg
WHITE TOP.jpg (118.07 KiB) Viewed 4 times
TiffanyDeanCosplay

CosComp Contestant

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:52 am

Jaina's wig was something I was looking forward to styling

I ordered a silver / light grey lace front wig and some yellow alcoholic markers (Lincraft often has these on sale for an amazing price!)
I opted for a silver / grey wig over pure white as I find it looks better and not as harsh. Pure white can sometimes lack dimension and look a bit cartoony, and when photographed, light grey looks white.

I sectioned the hair that I wanted to colour in blonde and worked from the roots to the tips, starting with a darker yellow and blending it out into lighter yellows. This was then rinsed out and left to dry.

Once dried, the wig was styled into a loose, slightly messy braid that goes more to one side to match Jaina's hairstyle in game.
The front sections that were left out were trimmed and styled with a hair straightener (A cheap one that doesn't get as hot so is ok for heat resistant synthetic wigs). The front was also teased slightly to help take the styling in the direction I wanted it to go.
Attachments
WIG.jpg
WIG.jpg (80 KiB) Viewed 4 times
TiffanyDeanCosplay

CosComp Contestant

Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:53 am

Here are just a few pictures I took along the way as I put pieces together as I progressed to make sure they all looked ok together
Attachments
TOGETHERS.jpg
TOGETHERS.jpg (106.51 KiB) Viewed 4 times
PintoPegasus

CosComp Contestant
Instagram: pintopegasus

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 am

ARE you sure you're not a patron goddess of cosplay? 💜💜💜
Comp Project 2019: Banuk Sickness Eater Aloy